St. C.'s Community Migrant Closet
DONATE OR PURCHASE SUPPLY CLOSET GOODS
Here is what we are accepting as of 12/3. All other supplies may be turned away. We will accept these donations on Wednesday, 12/6 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. and Saturday, December 9th, from 11-2 p.m.
Children's snow pants ages 3T to youth XL
- Resale or excellent condition children's boots (no rain boots as we have plenty; boots must be clean, intact in their soles, and without rips or tears)
- Waterproof gloves and mittens for youth and adults
- Women’s puffer coats size M
- Women’s base layers size M and L
- Women’s boots size 5.5-7.5
- Men’s size S joggers
- Men’s boots size 6-7 (euro size less than 40)
- We maintain an Amazon wishlist for clothing here
We appreciate everyone's support in donating Nido and Nestum as well as funds for its purchase. As of 12/3, we anticipate we have enough supply and financial contributions to meet those needs for the foreseeable future.
Adult order form (PDF, bilingual)
Children's order form (PDF, bilingual)
Bulk orders (Excel, English)
Volunteers will pack the requested items in a bag for pick-up on the following days. Through December 31, we anticipate being staffed on the following dates and times.
- 12/04/2023 10:00 am-12:00 pm (Monday)
- 12/06/2023 11 am pm-1:00 pm (Wednesday)
- 12/09/2023 11:00 am-2:00 pm (Saturday)
- 12/11/2023 10:00 am-12:00 pm (Monday)
- 12/13/2023 12:00 pm-2:00 pm (Wednesday)
- 12/16/2023 1:00 pm-3:00 pm (Saturday)
- 12/18/2023 10:00am-12:00am (Monday)
- 12/20/2023 12:00 pm-2:00 pm (Wednesday)
- 12/23/2023 11:00 am-2:00 pm (Saturday)
- 12/27/2023 1:00 pm-3:00 pm (Wednesday)
- 12/30/2023 11:00 am-2:00 pm (Saturday)
If you or anyone you know is interested in volunteering at the Closet, please sign up through our Signup Genius form:
Sign up to volunteer for December work days
Please note that St. Christopher's is one of many organizations currently serving migrants in the greater Oak Park area. Our newest neighbors also need meals, cell phones, and more. To learn more about other community-based efforts to serve migrants, please visit the Community of Congregations website.
Thank you for your interest in helping these people and this ministry!